Each year 10 buses are used for regular routes, 4 for special needs, and 4 available for field trips and athletics during and after school hours, maintained by RSD Leasing. The district buses are using Bio-Diesel for the benefit of the environment and public. We currently employ 13 regular and 4 spare drivers. Our drivers receive a wide variety of training throughout the year. Their training consist of, but is not limited to, driving techniques, winter driving, emergency evacuations, first aid and CPR, student management, confidentiality and much more.
Safety continues as our number one concern and has become more so with the increase in traffic in the Upper Valley. We want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of a few safety issues.
1. Parents of students in grades K-4 must meet their children at their bus stop in the afternoon unless they have sent a signed and dated note to transportation stating that their child may walk home alone.
2. While waiting for the school bus, students need to stand back from the road and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the service door is open before approaching the bus.
3. When students need to cross in front of the bus it is important for them to wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, the service door is open, the red lights are on and the driver has signaled them to cross.
4. If a student needs to go somewhere other then their designated bus stop, they must have a note to give to the bus driver.
5 Everyone in the Lebanon School District must wear his/her seat belt.
6. For bus drivers to find your residence, it is important to have your 911 street address number large and visible from both directions.
7. NH law requires *all* motorists to stop when the red lights are flashing on a school bus.
For additional information please call Wanda Hastings, Transportation Coordinator, 603 678-8137 (NEW NUMBER)